1Adam12-1Adam12.com
1Adam12-1Adam12.com
1Adam12-1Adam12.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1Adam12-1Adam12.com

Fans talk about 1Adam12

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiring the radio head

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin

Admin

Wiring the radio head Empty
PostSubject: Wiring the radio head   Wiring the radio head EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:46 am

I don't know if anyone has seen these for sale on eBay but some guy is selling a lot of the MOTEC radio heads that are wired so when you turn the mic on the light goes on. I want to try and do the same with mine. If you know how to do this or have bought one of these please let me know. Otherwise after I get this one figured out (when I say "I" that means an electrician) I'll post how to do it on the web page so you can do the same to yours.

I also want to install a repeater switch or something similar to have the blue call light go on and off at random to make it look like calls are coming in. I'll keep you posted and again if you have info on how to do it please let me know. Thanks.

Wiring the radio head Kgrhqfhjb8e63o5febozbko
Back to top Go down
http://www.1adam12-1adam12.com/
markallen1975

PostSubject: Re: Wiring the radio head   Wiring the radio head EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Its really easy to do since the radio he is just for show locate the pin for the mike switch

and the end of the mike cord you can see where it plugs in on the radio head by taking the cover off the back of the radio head Apply power source to that pin and to the positive side of the transmit light you will need to ground the negative side of the transmit light too the same goes for the green light on the radio head it is easier to wire since you don't have to find the pin for the mike. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
markallen1975

PostSubject: Re: Wiring the radio head   Wiring the radio head EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 9:42 pm

For the blue light I would install a 550 regular turn signal flasher it will flash off and on
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wiring the radio head   Wiring the radio head EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:49 am

Great advice Mark thank you. Also Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy them. I'll let you know after I get it working.

One question...How do I find out what pin is for the mic button? Do I use a meter or what? Thanks.

Mike

Back to top Go down
markallen1975

PostSubject: Re: Wiring the radio head   Wiring the radio head EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 6:04 pm

If I recall the pin wire is white however the mike comes apart very easily
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wiring the radio head   Wiring the radio head EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 pm

OK, I don't need it anymore because I bought a complete working radio. Thanks for the help though. KMA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiring the radio head   Wiring the radio head Empty

Back to top Go down

Wiring the radio head
Page 1 of 1